Building And Other Construction Work Act, 1996
The Act is applicable to every establishment which employs 10 or more workers in any building or other construction work and to the project’s cost of which is more then Rs.10 lakh. There is also provision of constitution of Central and the State Advisory Committees to advise the appropriate Governments on matters arising out of administration of the law besides constitution of Welfare Boards by the State Governments and registration of beneficiaries under the Fund and provision for their identity cards etc. These legislations provide for regulating the employment and conditions of service, safety and health and welfare measures for the construction workers by setting up of a Welfare Fund at the State level.
It applies to every establishments which employs 10 or more building workers in any building or other construction work
Provisions of this enactment are not applicable if the location is covered under Factories Act or the Mines Act
Obtaining registrations / license
Payment of fees depending upon construction worker
Maintenance of various registers, records etc.
Providing various facilities like shelter, drinking water, crèche, toilet blocks, canteen etc.
Authority can prosecute principal employer and/or contractor/s for breach of the provisions of this enactment. Provision of fine upto Rs. 5,000/- are there.
Services We Offer
- Obtaining Registration of Principal Employerâs Establishment under the BOCW Act
- Preparation & filing of returns with registering / licensing authority;
- Preparation & Maintenance of various Registers as provided under the BOCW Act like Register of Contractors, Register of Workmen Employed by Contractor, Register of Wages, Register of Overtime, Register of Deductions, Register of Advances, Register of Fines etc.;
- Assistance in preparation & maintenance of various records like Wage Slip, Muster Roll etc. as provided under the BOCW Act;
- Assistance in ensuring compliance of the provisions of the BOCW Act related to disclosures, notices, displays, deductions etc.;
- Replying / Satisfying Show Cause Notices issued under the Contract Labour Act
- Checking and verifying that the Notice of Commencement and Closure (wherever applicable) have been given to the concerned authorities at each site
- Checking & verifying that the site admin has paid the Cess under the Act to the concerned authority and acknowledgements are maintained of the amount of cess Paid.
- Collection & submission of Beneficiary forms for all sub-contractor employees to the Labor Department and checking maintenance of Beneficiary Registers at sites, wherever required to assist them in preparation and maintenance of such records
- Helping the sib-contractor employees in obtaining their pass books for Beneficiary schemes from Labor Department and guiding them to avail welfare facilities available.